Go831 is a free program from the Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) that offers a creative approach to get cars off streets and out of parking lots during the busiest travel times. It’s designed to support employer-based commute programs by providing resources, technology and tools that create valuable benefits to employees while keeping your administrative costs low.
Whether you want to offer an employee commute incentive program to attract and keep the best talent or need to meet government-mandated parking restrictions, Go831 has an immediate positive impact, reducing your company’s contribution to the daily commute and the number of employee parking spaces needed.
Go831 provides all the resources you need to get your program up and running efficiently or improve your existing employee commute program.
- New Hire packets and promotional materials
- Twice-yearly, countywide challenges and incentives
- Smart Commute Club resources and gatherings
- TAMC support and promotion
- Monthly smart commute tips e-newsletter
- Commuter surveys
- Information on tax benefits
- “Emergency Ride Home” program
- Free administrator access to the
Companies and employees throughout Monterey County can participate in Go831. The RideAmigos platform can identify commute alternatives and track driving trip reductions through carpooling or vanpooling, taking the bus, biking, or walking to work.
Easy Steps for Getting Started
The Go831 program was designed with ease of implementation in mind. Your program will be up and running in seven easy steps:
- Join the Smart Commute Club
- Assign a “commute ambassador” at your company
- Participate in a commute ambassador training session
- Distribute Go831 Employee Survey and meet with Go831 to design a Trip Reduction Plan (if starting an employee commute program)
- Promote the program to your employees
- Participate in Smart Commute Club gatherings and Go831 Challenges
- Provide feedback to Go831 staff
When people get on the alternative transportation bandwagon, everybody wins. Studies have shown that smarter commuting leads to increased employee satisfaction and productivity by reducing stress. Communities benefit through reduced pollution and eased traffic congestion. Businesses enjoy boosted employee retention rates and decreased facilities costs. All while making the company more attractive to prospective partners, investors, and employees through its commitment to forward-looking values.
The Go831 Advantage
Don’t have an employee commute program yet? Go831 provides employee surveys and trip-reduction planning services to help you design a program that will give you the best return on your investment.
Go831 provides many benefits for your company while reducing traffic and parking impact for your employees and your customers.
- Reduces parking demand
- Improves visitor access to your facility
- Produces employee commuting data that provides actionable insights
- Creates happier, more productive employees
- Showcases your company as a progressive employer
- Connects you with other like-minded companies
- Reduces highway traffic
- Promotes better air quality
If 5-10% of your employees used an alternative to driving alone just one or two days per week or had staggered shift start times, overall traffic in Monterey County would noticeably improve.
EMPLOYER RESOURCES & TOOLS
Find employees that can get to work by means other than driving along (carpool, vanpool, bus, biking or walking)
Stagger employee start times so not everyone needs to travel and park at the same time
Reduce the number of trips to the office by allowing telecommuting
Choose alternative routes (if possible)
RideAmigos software platform provides:
- Online trip matching
- Commute Tracker smartphone app
- Data Reporting
- Incentive programs and challenge administration
For those choosing to carpool or vanpool, your program can be set up to match with any participating commuters or only those within your organization.
Helpful Web Links and Articles
- Coronavirus and Teleworking
- Telecommuting Policies & Procedures:
- Monterey Bay Economic Partnership – Transportation Tool Kit
- Monterey Bay Economic Partnership- Commuter Fringe Benefits White Paper
- IRS – Publication 15-B
- Market Watch: Snagging tax-saving transportation benefits
- Commuter Tax Benefits White Paper from the Best Workplaces for Commuters
- Transit and Vanpool Tax Fringe Benefits from the Best Workplaces for Commuters
- Bicycle Commuter Tax Benefit Information from the League of American Bicyclists
- Tax Incentives for Commuters
Ready to Sign Up? Questions? We’re Here to Help!
Contact Ariana Green at email@example.com or call 831-775-4403.