Work from Home Tips!
1. Get permission from your employer to work from home.
Employers can check-out the “Employer Resources” page for sample telecommuting policies and procedures.
2. Set-Up Your Work Station
Finding an ideal work station may be more complicated while sheltering in place during the pandemic, as you may be sharing your space with others who may not otherwise be home during the workday (partner, roommates, children). That said, try to find a space in your home that will allow you to focus and be productive. Some suggested criteria for that space:
- Quiet – perhaps a room with a door that can be closed to block sound
- Access – to internet and/or phone depending on your job requirements
- Comfortable – choose a comfortable chair and adjust the height of your seat or laptop to avoid neck and back pain (Tips on how to make your home work space more ergonomic)
3. Enjoy the Extra Time
One of the greatest benefits of working from home is the extra time saved by not having to commute to the office. Here are some things the Go831 Team members do with their extra time:
- Take a walk or bike ride
- Check-off some household chores
- Try cooking a new healthy recipe (Blue Zones Recipes)
- Call friends and family